Now that you have the foundation and the vision, it’s time to create! These parts can be challenging, but one must keep in focus the higher vision and goal. Allow that to permeate your mind as you develop and expand these below systems. Remember, they are the channels in which your vision will be created. These will vary greatly depending on your vision and type of work but generally most businesses require:
- Branding/Marketing – This is the presentation of what you are offering. Making it as clear and concise as possible is important. It has to easily translate to others what it is you are offering and how they would benefit from purchasing it. Find out how we can help with your branding & marketing.
- Web Design – A website is critical for any business. It acts as a 24/7 salesperson, reachable at anytime for anyone in the world. It must clearly and directly tell people what you are offering, how they will benefit from it, and why they should trust you. You then need to make it easy for them to take action (i..e buy something, contact you, etc.) This is something we can help with! Find out more about our Web Design Services
- Product or Service Development – Depending on what you are offering (most commonly a product or service) you have to clarify, define, and clearly state what you are offering, and how it can add value to potential customer lives. Of course, depending on your offering there will be many more details to cover beyond just this article.
- Finances – Getting finances and budgets in place are important. Having an idea of what your monthly costs are and what your costs will be when you reach a set goal will help keep you on track. From there you can reverse engineer. If in one year you want to be making $500k, what do you need to be doing to generate that? Although it’s hard to know for sure, this can give you some framework to start with.
- Customer/Client Connection – You have to begin connecting with potential customers. Brainstorm and research potential marketplaces for your company. Is it attending industry events, networking, targeted facebook ads, SEO, finding stores to place your products, putting your products on amazon or…? There are many options out there, and sometimes it can take many to make you profitable. It is key to make people aware of your product/services. Find out more about our marketing services.
- Transaction Systems – Once you have your customers, you need to be able to make easy transactions with them. Credit Card payments, PayPal, phone orders, in person orders, transactions through a website (This is something we can help with!). You have to find systems that work smoothly for you and your customer, but also give you flexibility to handle different situations. We can help with online transaction systems. Find out how we can help with online transactions & e-commerce.
- Fulfillment or Scheduling – Once you have a customer and they make a purchase you need to develop the system for fulfilling their order. Do you need to send them a product? Do you have all of your shipping systems in place for this? Which carrier? Or if they are going to be getting some service for you, how do you deliver and organize that engagement? How do you schedule it? There are many scheduling systems available to help make it easy.
There may be other areas of your business flow that you need to discover and plan out. It’s generally a continuously evolving process as things grow and change in your business. There is always new technology coming out that might be useful in helping your systems. Mapping out your process can be a great way to help find areas of improvement. If you need help, reach out to us for consulting.